Dominion Development Company
Dominion Development builds high performance green custom homes in Charlottesville, Albemarle County and the surrounding Central Virginia communities. We are also the exclusive custom home builder for the exceptional new green home community of Proffit Ridge in Charlottesville, Virginia. The homes for sale in these neighborhoods have been designed and built with one singular goal in mind – to exceed your expectations! We guide you through every step of the new home building process – making sure that even the smallest detail is completed with the highest quality. Our high performance green custom homes are designed and produced with green building techniques and materials, and Easy Living standards.
Dominion Development’s custom homes for sale are built, third party tested and certified to the different Energy Star, EarthCraft House and EasyLiving Home program specifications – ensuring that your new home is energy efficient, green and welcoming. We employ quality-control standards and performance testing during the construction process so you can be sure your new home is comfortable, affordable, energy-efficient, durable, environmentally responsible and easily accessible.
Please contact us today to find out how Dominion Development Company can assist you with building your new custom home in the Charlottesville VA and Albemarle County areas.
- We highly recommend Dominion Development and John Kerber for building your next home. Having been significantly involved in the process of constructing several homes over the past 25 years, we consider ourselves a little more informed and discerning than the average homeowner. John listened to our wants and needs and worked with us to design the "perfect" home. Because he is very organized, each stage of our job was completed on time. The quality and detail of Dominion Development's workmanship was excellent. And, Scott, the job foreman was a delight to work with.
John met with us in person to discuss every aspect of the construction from the beginning and has often dropped by since completion to make sure everything is just as we hoped. Now we constantly receive rave reviews from our neighbors, those who watched the building from the beginning and those who stop by to admire the finished project. We could not be any happier with our new home. Thanks John, Scott and Dominion Development!
- I would highly recommend John Kerber and Dominion Development for construction of a new home. John recently built our new home and we are extremely satisfied with the quality of design and construction. John met us multiple times at our lot and reviewed our “wish list” and paper sketch of our house plan. He was diligent in keeping a folder of our ideas/pictures and made sure all the items we specified were included. He did an excellent job of assuring our final plans incorporated the land topography and our mountain views…Most importantly, John stands by his work. We never had to worry that John was not providing quality work for us. Trust and honestly are important in this process, and John gets a 5 of 5 on each quality.
- It was a pleasure working with John during the planning and construction of our house. He was extremely attentive and responsive to our wants and desires. At many times during the process John made suggestions about aspects of the process that we had not considered. When problems arose at several junctures he always guided us to the most cost-effective solutions.
We give John our highest recommendations for any building or remodeling needs.
- When we were shopping for a house in the Charlottesville area a couple of years ago, we selected one that had been built by Dominion Development. It had a very appealing design and was of better quality construction than other houses we saw. We chose Dominion Development for our basement finishing project, based on quality of the house original construction. John Kerber provided excellent design and construction management. Work progressed in a timely manner, and was completed on time and on budget. His follow-up was thorough and complete.
- Every time my wife and I receive a utility bill, I more and more appreciate what a fine home you built for us. Not only are we saving money every month but by reducing our energy use it’s good for the environment. Our bills are less by far than they were on our previous smaller home in Northern Virginia.
We recently had guest stay with us who had a background in construction and they were very complimentary on the detail and construction quality.
Good work needs to be recognized and appreciated, so, thank you so much building us such a fine home, one we are very proud of. You were very accommodating and very easy to work with.
- We’ll forever be big fans of John Kerber and Dominion Development!
- We owned a property built by Dominion Development for over six years. It was newly built when we bought it and John Kerber was present throughout the sale, and extremely helpful in making the house meet our requirements, including taking on the project of finishing the basement.
The property was extremely well finished with even the smallest detailing completed to the highest quality. So often, our visiting friends would comment on our beautiful house and the quality of finish.
The living experience with the house was equally good and the very few minor issues that we encountered were addressed promptly and courteously by Dominion Development.
We can fully recommend Dominion Development as a builder of quality luxury houses that make living easy, comfortable and enjoyable.
- As we were shopping for our new home in Charlottesville, Virginia we were really impressed by the design, setting and quality of construction we found in a new home custom built by John Kerber of Dominion Development. In the four years since our family moved into that new house, we have hired John to further customize our home including finishing our Terrace level. John is incredibly detail oriented which complements his ability to deliver excellent service. Whether you are thinking of building a new home or remodeling your current home, do yourself a favor and call John Kerber/Dominion Development!
- It is a pleasure to express my opinion about a Dominion Developement house. Simply, because the facts speak loud and clear about what you will experience and enjoy while living in a Earth Craft house. The house is extremely well built and energy efficient. Our monthly energy bills for the past three years average $180. This includes all heat and electricity costs for a 4700 square foot house. The energy cost savings is a wonderful asset and we are confident our purchase was a good sound decision.
- Building our new home with Dominion Development/John Kerber was a pleasure. John helped us build a custom house with all of the details that were important to us AND managed to keep us within our budget.
We were thoroughly impressed with John’s attention to detail. It was extremely rare to find any imperfections at any of our walk throughs.
John was available around the clock during the planning phase, during construction, and well after we moved into our home. We would love to build with him again!
- We love our home and are proud to have John Kerber as our builder. We especially appreciate your expertise, honesty and attention to detail. And after having lived and raised our family in a Dominion Development home for over six years, we are happy to attest to the quality of materials, workmanship and care used in our home.
Thank you for the outstanding job you did on our home. Without hesitation, I highly recommend John Kerber and Dominion Development!
- We are proud to own a home built by Dominion Development. From the earliest conceptual phase of the project until the day we were handed the keys, we knew John Kerber could be trusted to deliver. Because John listened to us and provided broad expertise, our experience in building our first home was enjoyable and fulfilling.
The fourth annual Blue Ridge Area Home Builders Association’s annual economic forecast dinner featured Dr. David Crowe, chief economist of the National Association of Home Builders Association, speaking and answering questions of approximately 100 local industry leaders. Dr. Crowe’s pContinue Reading →
CLICK HERE to read the Charlottesville Business Journal article featuring new home builder John Kerber of Dominion Development.Continue Reading →
John Kerber, President and CEO of Dominion Development Company, attended the Professional Builder’s Council 2009 Fall Board meeting in Bellevue, Washington, September 14th-16th. This dedicated group of 15 custom home builders representing 11 different states meets multiple timesContinue Reading →